Facts, Reviews & Ratings
Visit AXA’s Website to learn more:
- Emphasis on Variable Annuities
- 16,500 individual U.S. agents
- Serving people since 1859
- Assets under management 519 billion as of June 30, 2009
- A+ Rating with AM Best
In business since 1859, AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company (formerly The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States) is a leading financial protection company and a premier provider of life insurance, annuity, and investment products and services. AXA Equitable’s assets under management totaled $519 billion as of June 30, 2009.
The company’s products and services are offered:
- To consumers by financial professionals through its retail distribution channel, AXA Advisors, LLC
- To the financial services market through its wholesale distribution channel, AXA Distributors, LLC
- To corporations and their employees through its corporate distribution channel, Corporate Markets.
In addition, AXA Equitable and AllianceBernstein, L.P. are affiliated companies; AllianceBernstein is one of the largest publicly-traded global asset management firms in the world.
AXA Equitable is a subsidiary of AXA Financial Inc., which is part of the global AXA Group, a worldwide leader in financial protection strategies and wealth management. AXA Group’s operations are geographically diverse, with major operations in Europe, North America, and the Asia/Pacific region.1
Citations: 1) http://www.axa-equitable.com/axa/about-axa-equitable.html